I'm moving from Xen to Systemd containers, so I figured I'd make an update just to make sure it all still works.
Fail2ban is a great tool for detecting unwanted internet connections and doing something about them. It works by allowing you to specify RegExes that specify bad behavior and actions that can be any command to deal with them. Unfortunately, it forgets bans across resets. So I created a custom action to deal with this.
Steps to enable Oracle's Transcendent Memory with frontswap, cleancache, self-ballooning and frontswap-selfshrinking on Xen guests to increase performance on low-memory systems.
Steps to installing PBX in a Flash in PV mode on Xen
So, I installed the second processor this weekend. My server now pulses with the power of 8 processing cores (but still only 4GB of RAM…)
Steps to host your master git repo and ikiwiki on separate machines with gitosis
So, the repo is now on a remote host from where the web pages are hosted from. We shall see if it commences to blow up.
Fixed the performance metrics for DSpam so that now I can see how well it's working again. Had to exercise my pitiful perl-fu to get it working again.
Created a new wiki/blogging monstrosity. The wiki engine is ikiwiki and I've enabled the use of Creole as the default markup language.
This wiki is powered by ikiwiki.